It’s almost that time of year. Love, chocolate, wine, hearts, pizza, cupcakes… I’m talking about Galentine’s Day! I am beyond grateful that Leslie Knope made Galentine’s Day into a national holiday. Honestly, Leslie Knope has had several brilliant ideas, but ladies celebrating ladies is hands down the best idea she ever had! Galentine’s Day is technically celebrated on February 13th, but I like to use the entire month of February to celebrate my girl gang because if you know me, there’s nothing I love more than some good, quality girl time. So, in case you forgot to plan something… here are 10 ideas you can do next week to celebrate your favorite biddies!
1) Secret Cupid Exchange- Round up your girl gang and do a secret cupid exchange. Who said this tradition is only for Christmas? Have everyone draw names a week prior and put a spending cap of $25 or $50 a gift. Get together on Galentine’s Day at someone’s place over some wine and exchange your gifts!
2) Go see 50 Shades Freed – Because every girl and their mom is DYING to see this movie this weekend. Although I don’t know about you, but I could never watch any of these movies with my mom, so I’m going to gather up my group of girlfriends for this one.
3) Pizza, Prosecco, & PJ’s- Is there any better combination than these 3 things?! I don’t think so. Ordering in pizza and sipping on prosecco in my PJ’s with my best gals sounds like the PERFECT Galentine’s Day to me!
4) Spa Day– Sometimes we feel like we need a special occasion to treat ourselves to a pricey spa day, so Galentine’s Day is an ideal occasion to spend some quality time getting pampered with your favorite diva’s.
5) Sweatpants at your Favorite Dive Bar—Let’s be real, we all would choose sweatpants over dressing up any day of the week. So, why not get your girl group together to all dress DOWN in sweatpants and head to your favorite dive bar. I’m looking for a place that still has Christmas lights up, where I can drink cheap drinks and sing hours of Karaoke. Anybody with me?
6) Get Dolled Up and Head to the Trendiest Restaurant in Town– Although sweatpants and dive bars are fun, I also love to get dolled up and head to some fancy schmancy restaurant to enjoy a great meal and bottle of Champagne!
7) Long Distance Skype and Wine Night– If you’re like me, some of your best friends in the whole word live wayyyy too far away from you. So use this Galentine’s Day to plan an hour out of your night to all hop on a skype call all together and catch up over your favorite glass of wine.
8)“Treat yo self” Shopping Day—In the word’s of Tom and Donna from Parks and Rec, “Treat yo self” to everything you could ever want by going on a shopping spree with your girl squad.
9) Host a Galentine’s Day Brunch—Although the official “Galentine’s Day” doesn’t fall on a weekend, you could still celebrate the Sunday before or after by hosting a brunch for all your ladies! Have everyone bring their favorite dish and make sure you have plentyyy of mimosas!
10) Girl’s Trip!—My personal favorite, but it would have probably required more planning than just a week before. However, if you and your tribe did plan a girl’s weekend away to celebrate Galentine’s Day, then kudos to you! If you didn’t, then this is the perfect day to plan your next one! Decide on a weekend that works for everyone, have each girl write down a couple of places they’d want to go for a weekend away and pick the winner out of a hat!